Generated Image

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Simple Kid - Serotonin

For some reason this track totally slipped under the radar towards the end of last year (maybe it had something to do with its radio unfriendly 6 minute length). But the other day a friend sent it to me and I haven't stopped listening since. I found this ode to depression profoundly moving with his straight-from-the-gut streaming conciousnous lyrics backed up by swelling strings, rough plucked guitar and scratchy recording. It has that teenage, lying in bed with head phones on, singing to the ceiling quality to it.

I've tried to track down the official clip for this and haven't had much luck. Nick Collett at Fynn Productions has directed, shot, lit and cut a low budget clip for it - but the only evidence is this excerpt. It doesn't seem that special, so I can't see why they're being so coy about letting it out.

What I did find though is this seemingly unofficial DIY effort (YouTube only I'm afraid) with Simple Kid (aka Ciaran McFeely) shaving off his beard as lyrics scroll up the screen - it had me scratching at an imagined shaving rash just watching it. I normally wouldn't post this, but it's all there is (and at least this way you get to sing along bouncing ball style to the genius lyrics).



If anyone finds anything better - please let me know

No comments: