Generated Image

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Aracade Fire

When I saw these guys play in London a few years back, the gig made my top 3 live gigs ever. They are true musicians. They swapped instruments every few tracks and played as though their lives dependended on each and every note posessing maximum intensity. Their encore rendition of In The Back Seat even made me well up they put so much emotion into it.

Now they've started off on their latest tour and have developed the habit of playing post-gig acoustic sets in lobbies and foyers of venues. Checking their site out, I discovered this hairybone - a video of them covering my fave track by my fave late 70's band - The Clash's 'Guns of Brixton' - in the lobby of Westminster's St John's Church in London. Even in this grainy film, with no amplification (except for a megaphone) their magic comes across.

Check it out and click '6 Guns' to watch. If you get a slow stream, click on the image to pause and let it catch up for a few minutes.....it's worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt,

Their second album 'Neon Bible' has worldwide release next month - You will love it, more Arcade brilliance. ;)

BW