Generated Image

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Grizzly Bear - Knife

I'm a fan of Grizzly Bear's low-fi folkadelia - and in particular this track. As a band they seem pretty out there, so it's no surprise that their clip for their new release is on the bizarre side - but this really pushes the boundries of weirdness.

Directors Isaiah Saxon and Sean Hellfritsch (Encyclopedia Pictura) have gone all out on this. All out on the prosthetics, all out on the bizarre symbolism, all out on the schedule (it took them 6 months to produce)...and all out on the camera case full of drugs. I still don't know if I like it or not. It's different, but is that enough?



QT here


Maybe the problem I'm having with taking this clip seriously is that 3/4 of the way through - I can't help but think of this:


No comments: